Open Mind School
Open Mind School is nonprofit 501(C) 3 inclusive school with small classrooms, adapted curriculum, innovative technology, and a BIG emphasis on enrichment activities.
Open Mind School was founded and its mission established on the beliefs that:
- All children should have access to a quality education that provides a broad range of experiences.
- Students should actively participate in their own learning.
- Teaching should be based on the learning styles of the students.
- Integrating multiple methodologies makes implementation of best practice more individualized.
- Everyone should have the opportunity to share thoughts, express emotions, and be heard by caring professionals.
- Students, families, and professionals must work in collaboration to effectively help students reach their maximum potential.
- Providing regular opportunities for inclusive experiences is important to build openness and understanding in society.
- Training and support for staff is fundamental in maintaining a well informed team to best serve the children in the school.