Howard Community College
At HCC, students pursue a variety of educational goals. They may be getting a 2-year college degree, starting a 4-year degree at HCC and transferring elsewhere, entering a new career, sharpening job skills, or pursuing personal interests.
Opened in 1970 as Maryland’s 14th community college, HCC has become an integral part of life for Howard County residents:
- Over 13,000 credit students pursue degree or career programs in a fiscal year.
- Nearly half of all Howard County undergraduates attend HCC.
- 1 of 4 Howard County high school graduating seniors enrolls at HCC.
- Over 16,000 study business training, basic skills, and other Continuing Education courses.
- Tens of thousands visit the art galleries, attend Rep Stage and other theatre, watch HCC-TV, and marvel at the Howard Community College equestrian Grand Prix.
No wonder surveys show that more Howard County residents named HCC as the first college that comes to mind.