Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens

  • PA

Address

One Schenley Park
Pittsburgh
PA
15213
United States

About Us

For Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, the past is prologue to a future as ingenious as the region it serves. Built as a repository of horticultural excellence by Henry Phipps in 1893 at the height of Pittsburgh’s industrial prowess, Phipps has evolved from the nation’s first teaching conservatory to a distinguished eco-champion among America’s 500 public gardens and an exhibit space ranked among the nation’s top conservatory experiences. Esteemed as the Green Heart of Pittsburgh and one of the world’s greenest public gardens, Phipps is empowered by its mission to inspire and educate visitors with the beauty and importance of plants; to advance sustainability and worldwide biodiversity through action and research; and to celebrate its historic glasshouse.


Share:

Share: