CT Alliance for Basic Human Needs
Mission: The Connecticut Alliance for Basic Human Needs (CABHN) is a statewide network of social service providers, advocates, faith based organizations, and individuals concerned about issues affecting families and communities with low-income throughout Connecticut. CABHN provides community education, supports advocacy efforts and promotes legislative policies while elevating the voices of people in poverty.
Purpose: Formed in 1992, our network of over 2000 people share a common goal of improving services to residents with low-income, strengthening our public benefits programs, and increasing supports to families to help them transition out of poverty and become economically secure. CABHN does this by:
- Identifying and working to resolve issues affecting people with low income
- Providing a space for people to come together and talk about poverty
- Being in the community, partnering with organizations and people to make positive changes for families living in poverty
- Serving as a bridge between people with low income and policymakers
- Supporting and facilitating activities that further the mission