Description of Granite Pathways: Granite Pathways is a peer-support, self-help community that provides hope and dignity to adults with mental illness. The mission of Granite Pathways is to empower and support adults with mental illness to pursue their personal goals through education, employment, stable housing, rewarding achievements, and meaningful relationships. It does that by following the certification standards of the International Center for Clubhouse Development (ICCD,), which define an evidence-based model of rehabilitation that achieves superior employment and recovery outcomes.
A key factor in the success of Granite Pathways is the focus on the strengths and capabilities of members as opposed to their disabilities. Members and staff work side-by-side as partners and make operating policies and decisions together, generally by consensus. The goals of Granite Pathways are to:
- Eliminate the isolation of adults with serious mental illness and provide a place where members can contribute their time and talents and build fulfilling social relationships.
- Enhance members’ success in finding and maintaining gainful employment in the community.
- Increase the number of members who are advancing their educations and building careers.
- Improve members’ sense of wellbeing and success in staying well and out of the hospital.
- Eliminate the stigma of mental illness and build members’ sense of dignity, hope, and pride.
The number of staff members is intentionally small relative to the number of members in order to facilitate peer support and ensure that members feel needed and valued in carrying out all of the work of the organization.
Do you work for Granite Pathways? Become an administrator