Our goal is not easy, but it's simple.
We want to end suicide attempts and deaths in our community.
We envision a community where:
- Mental and physical health are viewed the same and are a priority for community members
- Each member feels connected and purposeful
- Thoughts of suicide are rare but those who experience them are recognized and connected to help before the thoughts become persistent and serious
- If someone struggling reaches out for help those around them know how to respond and where to connect them for extra care
- If someone struggling is connected to extra care, that care is knowledgeable and prepared to support a person with thoughts of suicide
- After a person leaves emergency care, they are left with a plan to keep themselves safe, a schedule for what to do next and when, and they are followed up on