DC Arts and Humanities Education Collaborative
The DC Collaborative's mission is to promote quality arts and humanities education for all DC public and chartered public schools for the growth of the whole child. To accomplish this citywide effort, the DC Collaborative draws on the resources of more than 80 arts and humanities cultural organizations that compose our membership. The three major programs of the DC Collaborative include Arts for Every Student, Professional Development Initiatives, and the Arts Education Initiative. These programs enable us to:
- Offer learning opportunities in the arts and humanities to every school and every child in DC's public and chartered public schools.
- Strengthen links between DC arts and humanities organizations and the DC public and chartered public schools.
- Provide all public school students with access to the region's array of rich educational resources in the arts and humanities.
- Provide educators with resources and professional learning opportunities to integrate arts and humanities instruction across the curriculum.
- Provide the arts and cultural community, parents, educators, and the community at large, opportunities to advocate for the arts and keep arts education at the top of the public agenda in DC.