Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Rochester Contemporary Art Center (RoCo) is a venue for the exchange of ideas and a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) that was founded in 1977. As a center for thoughtful contemporary art, RoCo provides unique encounters for audiences and extraordinary opportunities for artists.
To support this mission, Rochester Contemporary Art Center:
- Offers thoughtful contemporary art programming of all disciplines.
- Presents the work of both renowned and emerging artists from New York State and around the world.
- Provides exhibition, educational and networking opportunities for local artists.
- Actively seeks unique voices and new audiences from diverse backgrounds.
- Initiated and administers First Friday Citywide Gallery Night for the City of Rochester.
- Fosters collaborative partnerships with other arts organizations and artists.
- Builds community by bringing artists, patrons, students, teachers and enthusiasts together.
- Is a social gathering place for artists, audiences, and the local community.
- Is a neighborhood anchor for artistic activity and unique encounters in downtown Rochester.