Senior Guardianship Assistance Program

  • OR

About Us

Senior GAP provides services to maximize the independence, self-sufficiency, and dignity of low-moderate income seniors and adults with disabilities who:

• Have no family or qualified person willing and able to serve as a guardian/conservator
• Are incapacitated as documented by professional medical assessments
• Are at risk of abuse, neglect, exploitation or loss of life or health
• Need an agent to act with power of attorney or as a personal representative

Money Management: Trained staff help clients manage the regular tasks of paying household bills, balancing checkbooks, organizing payment schedules, and managing general financial accounts.

Representative Payee: Senior GAP can become a representative payee for those who only have Social Security income and need money management assistance. A bank account is set up that is controlled by Senior GAP for the purpose of paying your bills, based on a mutually agreed upon budget. Representative payees are selected by the Social Security Administration

Guardianship: Trained guardians help clients make decisions about health care, food, living arrangements, and other needs essential for daily living and well-being. Guardians are court appointed positions and report to the court.

Conservatorship: Trained conservators help clients make financial decisions. Conservators are court appointed positions and report to the court.

Senior GAP professionals are also able to support other unique needs such as Case Manager Custodian, Fiduciary Trustee, and Power of Attorney. Please call the Senior GAP office at (503) 357-7520 for more information about these and different services.

For questions frequently asked about our services, click here.


The fees for services provided by Senior GAP vary by service rendered and ability to pay, and are based on a sliding scale.


Forest Grove:
2037 Douglas St., Forest Grove, OR 97116
Mailing: PO Box 787, Forest Grove, OR 97116
(503) 357-7520

Hillsboro Senior & Community Center, 750 SE 8th Ave., Hillsboro, OR 97123
Mailing: PO Box 2877, Hillsboro, OR 97123
(503) 726-0369

Impact Northwest, 4610 SE Belmont, Portland, OR 97215
Mailing: PO Box 86847, Portland, OR 97286
(503) 988-3660 x 28317

King City City Hall, 15685 SW 116th Ave. #138, King City, OR 97227
Mailing: same
(503) 847-8962