United Way of Meriden and Wallingford
The United Way of Meriden and Wallingford is a volunteer driven organization that redirects human and financial resources to create opportunities for positive change in our communities.
We’re more than just fundraisers; we’re a force for change. We fund effective programs, stimulate individual and corporate volunteerism, connect people with resources, and work in partnership with others to improve our community. The dollars we collect from generous donors are invested in agency programs that give people the tools to transform their lives. It’s a network of services that benefits people from all walks of life.
United, We are creating real, lasting change in these focus areas:
EDUCATION: HELPING CHILDREN AND YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR POTENTIAL THROUGH EDUCATION
- Working with parents, child care providers, towns and schools to ensure that all children are mentally and physically healthy and ready to start school.
- Supporting after-school and mentoring programs.
INCOME: HELPING FAMILIES BECOME FINANCIALLY STABLE AND INDEPENDENT
- Increasing affordable housing for working families and individuals.
- Helping people lead the most independent lives possible.
- Supporting basic needs while increasing financial literacy and attaining job training.
HEALTH: IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF PEOPLE OF ALL AGES
- Preventing substance abuse and other risky behaviors among youth through the Healthy Communities-Healthy Youth Initiative.
- Increasing access to critical and preventive health care services.