TellASIA Ministries, Inc.
TelAsia Ministries transforms lives through God's love coupled with education and humanitarian aid. We do this in some of the most needy areas of the world.
Our primary focus is in northern India - home to almost 1/7th of the world's population including 35 million at-risk children. Only 1% of the population are followers of Jesus Christ. Malnutrition and illiteracy are prevalent especially in the rural areas which compose 70% of the population. 90% of the children enslaved to the sex trade are trafficked into India across this region.
The below list reflects some of the fruit of our labors...and of the sacrificial sponsorship of our donors:
- Schools: We operate a school of 500 students in a remote village where the residents could never have imagined there would be an English medium school, much less one to whcih they could afford to send their children. The school is fully self-sufficient and provides full or partial scholarship to 90 very needy children.
- Rural Education Centers: 23,000 disadvantaged children who were growing up illiterate have learned to read and write, and are receiving an ongoing education.
- Church Planting: Through our own native staff and volunteers, and through providing raining and equipment to those of other agencies and churches, TellAsia has enabled thousands of house-based and many building-based churches to be established in unreached villages.Almost all are fully sustainable and are being led by self-supported native pastors.
- Biblical Training: Provided discipleship and leadership training to over 5,000 native pastors and Christian leaders just since the year 2008.
- Economic Development: Enabled over 200 native pastors and their families to become self-supporting by providing them vocational skills training or a micro business.
- Sewing Schools: Enabled hundreds of young women to come out of poverty through learning to the skill of tailoring.
- Blue Haven Children's Home: 32 formerly hopeless orphan and semi-orphan children now have a loving home and a bright future. Land has been acquired for a future self-sufficient home for 100 orphan and at-risk children, supported by income from a high-quality school and medical clinic.
- Rescue of At-Risk and Enslaved Children: We're just now launching a project to stem the tide of children being trafficked across the border of Nepal. Some have already been rescued.
Do you work for TellASIA Ministries, Inc.? Become an administrator