University Mennonite Church
We are a community of Christians who seek to be faithful disciples of Jesus in today's world. This discipleship is nurtured and expressed in our worship services, in mutual care and discernment, and in our mission to serve others and invite them to follow Christ.
We share in common with all Christians the following beliefs: that God creates and sustains the universe; that Jesus, the son of God, is our Savior and Lord; and that our mission is to spread the good news. Some of our distinctive emphases are as follows:
- The freedom of each person to explore a responsible commitment to Christ.
- A commitment to know Christ and to live a life of discipleship within Christ's body, the Christian community.
- The belief that discipleship leads to a life of love, peacemaking, and service to all.
- The belief that social justice and stewardship apply to the whole of creation-the earth and all within.
- The accurate interpretation and application of the Bible occurs in the community of believers.
We celebrate together each member's initiation into the Christian community through adult baptism, and the ongoing presence of Christ, at the center of that community, with the Lord's Supper (Holy Communion).