You know the YMCA as a fitness center, yet we are a non-profit that does so much more. Here are some of our highlights:
- The Y provides childcare, activities, and camps for kids from preschool through high school.
- The Y runs a summer school program to help at-risk students retain knowledge and jumpstart into the next school year.
- The Y provides meals and nutritional snacks for kids in the community with food insecurities.
- The Y teaches water safety and swim lessons year-round.
- The Y works with school districts to support at-risk youth with homework help and after school activities.
- The Y provides members with ways to get active and improve health.
- The Y runs wellness programs such as diabetes prevention, walking programs, balance programs, blood pressure self-monitoring, and helping cancer survivors regain strength.
- In 2019 the Granite Y provided more than $1.84 million in financial aid, scholarships, and grants to 21,510 disadvantaged youth and families. The Y truly is a place for all people to thrive.
Each of our branches works within their community to provide value to those who live there. Volunteers contribute to this success with support on programs, projects, and events. Join us to do something good in your community!
Click Here to See Volunteer Opportunities (then click Learn More to volunteer)
The Granite YMCA is an association of five branches and two overnight camps:
- YMCA Allard Center of Goffstown
- YMCA of Greater Londonderry
- YMCA of Downtown Manchester
- YMCA of the Seacoast
- YMCA of Strafford County
- Camp Foss for girls
- Camp Mi-Te-Na for boys
Together we provide services to over 30,000 people each year.
Need More Answers? Contact Linda Quebec, Volunteer Coordinator; LQuebec@graniteymca.org; 603-232-8665.