Federation Homes is a HUD subsidized low income independent housing for the elderly and the handicapped which is sponsored by the Jewish Federation. Our main goal is to provide a quality, low cost alternative to the elderly in our community. Below is a brief listing of what you can expect from us:
- Live in the privacy of your apartment. Each apartment has a
living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen with full size refrigerator/freezer
and four burner stove and oven. Each apartment is carpeted and has its own air
conditioner and heat controls.
- Transportation to town services is provided by the Bloomfield
minibus and the Connecticut Transit Authority.
- A Kosher meal is provided daily by CRT in our dining
- A Food Share food pantry is available in the
- Laundry facilities are located on the first floor.
- A podiatrist is in the clinic bi-monthly.
- A lending library is available to all residents with books,
audio books and videos.
- A crafts room and meeting room is available for group
- Staff is on site five days a week to assist in programming
activities, wellness and advocacy.
- Maintenance personnel is on-site to address problems with the