The Brock Student Sexual Violence Support Centre exists to provide -
- Support Services: Someone to talk to at any time, day or night. One-on-one support from experienced volunteers. Peer support groups led by trained facilitators. A supportive non-judgemental volunteer to accompany you to the hospital, police station, doctors appointments or anywhere else you might want a bit of support.
- Advocacy: We are here to help if you want an advocate to assist you with any problems you're having on campus or off. This might include but is not limited to academic accomodations, financial and housing assistance, legal support, and dealing with stalking, sexual harassment, or any other problems you may be experiencing.
- Public Education: We outreach on the importance of consent, healthy relationships, how to stand up against gendered violence, and safety tips on how to keep you and your friends safe. We also challenge a long list of fucked up hateful views like misogyny, sexism, homophobia, and way too many others.
- Resources Safety whistles, informational pocket guides, drink testing kits, etc.
- Training: How to support survivors of sexual violence, male ally training, self defense classes, etc.
- Drop-in: A safe and supportive space for people to come.