New Directions Center, Inc.
New Directions Center, Inc. is a non-profit community organization working to reduce the impact and occurrence of domestic and sexual violence by providing support services and raising community awareness on the issue of violence. We provide crisis intervention, emergency housing, food, clothing, and transportation to women, children, and men impacted by emotional, physical, and sexual violence in Staunton, Waynesboro, and Augusta County. Here is a list of all the services we provide:
- 24- hour emergency hotline offered 365 days a
- Emergency shelter at a safe, confidential
- Emergency transportation, food, and clothing for
victims of violence,
- Hospital accompaniment
- Legal advocacy
- Individual peer counseling
- Support group for survivors of violence
- Volunteer training and development
- Educational presentations
- Information and referral to additional community
- Spanish interpreting services
New Directions Center, Inc. believes that only a coordinated community effort will bring about the social change needed to end domestic and sexual violence. Volunteers represent a substantial part of our agency and are a key piece of our community efforts to reduce the impact and occurrence of violence. We offer a 32 hour training seminar on the topics of domestic violence, sexual assault, crisis intervention, child abuse and more so that by the end our volunteers will feel well equipped to help survivors of violence. Volunteers can be trained and equipped to provide support services for victims of violence. If you are not interested in assisting us with our hotline, then no training is required. There is a place for everyone to help! Contact us now and become involved in the local community.