Ted Wheeler for Mayor
Political Campaign & Organizing Internship
The Ted Wheeler for Mayor of Portland Campaign is seeking a Campaign & Organizing Intern for the 2016 election cycle. The campaign is already underway and we are seeking an intern able to commit 8-10 hours per week until May 17th.
The Campaign & Organizing Intern will
help oversee all daily campaign office operations for the Ted Wheeler for Mayor
Campaign, including communications, field operations, data management, voter
targeting, and finance, and will be a main point of contact during the next
four months of this campaign. The Campaign & Organizing Intern reports directly to the Internship
Director, and will have other duties in field and communications as assigned.
● Supporting Finance Team with fundraising events, call time, data management;
● Creating and maintaining excellent systems for assisting volunteers and field teams;
● Facilitating the administrative work (call time, recruiting, deployment) for the Communications, Field, and Finance teams;
● Working with staff and volunteers to train in campaign skills, and track/report on success;
● Working directly as a liaison from the Ted Wheeler campaign to campus organizations on outreach, voter communications and field work;
● Providing campaign services and coordinating campaign activities with allied groups;
● Aiding with preparation and conducting volunteer trainings for basic and intermediate political campaign skills;
● Promoting the Ted Wheeler campaign message through social media communications
● Experience in outreach, fundraising, or campaigns with a strong track record of success;
● Superior time management, planning, organization and communications skills;
● Detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects;
● Willing to hold self and others accountable to goals;
● A team player with a positive attitude that is able to drive and motivate others;
● Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including frequent evening and weekend work, and ability to travel around Portland;
● Commitment to help Ted Wheeler become the next Mayor of Portland.
Send resume and cover letter to Nate B-R, Internship & Campus Director, Ted Wheeler for Mayor at firstname.lastname@example.orgOur mission is to help Ted become the next mayor of Portland.