MIT School of Architecture and Planning
At the MIT School of Architecture + Planning (SA+P), we believe that humanity’s toughest problems occupy the same ground as their solutions: the space between people and their environment. This is our territory. From the day MIT opened its doors and introduced Course 4 as the nation’s first academic program in architecture, our faculty, students, and alumni have explored the human landscape to discover—and deliver—better futures.
As one of MIT's five schools, SA+P is home to:
- The Department of Architecture
- The Department of Urban Studies + Planning (DUSP)
- The MIT Media Lab
- The MIT Center for Real Estate (CRE)
- The Program in Art, Culture and Technology (ACT)
- The Norman B. Leventhal Center for Advanced Urbanism (LCAU)
This potent mix of disciplines and departments fuels innovation and energizes MIT’s drive for meaningful progress. Whether our community is designing systems or cities, objects or structures, policies or technologies, we are committed to working every day, at MIT and around the globe, in service to a better world.