The Episcopal Church of the Redeemer
5700 Forbes Avenue
This church is a small and growing Episcopal parish in the East End of Pittsburgh. We need someone who is highly organized, takes initiative, and can handle many concurrent projects.
The Parish Administrator works Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. They will have at minimum a weekly meeting with the Rector to go over performance and specific duties to be completed for that week. Compensation includes $13.50 per hour; 5 paid personal days and 5 sick days; a two-week paid vacation, the dates of which are to be approved by the Rector. The Parish Administrator may accumulate compensatory time and use this time for personal days off as approved by the Rector, but may not carry over more than five paid personal days into the next calendar year. The Parish Administrator will also be paid for the seven holidays of New Years Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, The Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day; and may request to take a paid personal day or an unpaid day off near the Holiday with the Rector’s approval.
Please, phone inquiries will not be answered. If interested, email resume and cover letter (including availability) to the email address, email@example.com
· Strong computer skills – word processing, spreadsheet calculations, maintaining contact databases, desktop publishing and website management are all everyday activities for the Parish Administrator. Annual budget line for additional computer skills training.
· Bookkeeping + bill paying – the Parish Administrator is responsible for every day accounting, and assisting the Treasurer to maintain accurate financial records. Knowledge in Quickbooks online software is preferred, but not a requirement.
· Strong organizational skills –the Parish Administrator is responsible for creating and maintaining order in the office.
· Strong communication skills – with parishioners, vendors, tenants, and co-workers; as the Parish Administrator is often the first point of contact between Redeemer and the broader community, we want someone who is positive, friendly and efficient.
· Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and anticipate situations – this position requires working independently, anticipating issues and responding effectively as they arise.
· Willingness to pitch in when and where needed – we’re a small parish with an active congregation who likes to work together to serve the broader community.
· Knowledge of the Episcopal Church and its services is preferred, but not required.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Maintain paper and digital files up to date, organized and accessible
General Office Upkeep and Tasks
· Keep office tidy; which includes recycling, water plants, dusting, organize shelves etc.
· Greet guests and answer questions; receive guests who are visiting with the Rector
· Keep office well-stocked; check to see if office, maintenance and cleaning supplies are needed. Purchase once monthly, unless urgent
· Be a point of contact with tenants, St. Edmund’s Academy next door, parishioners, facility maintenance workers and manage communications effectively
Phone & Communication Handling; Equipment; Maintenance
· Be primary phone and e-mail contact; take messages as needed, ensure Rector and others receive messages promptly and accurately
· Maintain list of current parish contacts and parish directory, and handle all mailing needs
· Set up group lists on e-mail, as needed for parish communications and committees
· Make sure copier and other equipment are working and all needed supplies are stocked
· Manage Redeemer website and ensure information is up to date. The Administrator is encouraged to look into new technologies or systems that would make the office work more effectively and efficiently, as the need arises and time permits
· Assist with coordination of facility maintenance, maintaining a record of maintenance needs and ensuring follow through to resolve issues as soon as possible
· Record financial transactions for Treasurer, perform daily bookkeeping tasks
· Pay vendors, receive payments from tenants
· Record timesheets for employees for Rector’s approval and submittal to payroll
· Update and maintain parish calendar for scheduling groups who use Redeemer, and coordinating use with Redeemer events and tenant events and use
· Be the main point of contact if there is a conflict between users, Redeemer or tenant and resolve quickly and efficiently
· Manage user agreements and ensure users understand the rules of use; bring any infractions to the Rector’s attention as soon as possible and remedy
Publishing + Printing
· Produce, working with the Rector, parish communications and reports, weekly bulletins, newsletters, annual report, etc
· Ensure custodial help sets up rooms for events, help coordinate use with parishioners
· Print materials (if any) prior to event
· Maintain archived files, as needed
Do you work for The Episcopal Church of the Redeemer? Become an administrator