Richmond College Prep
Richmond College Prep Schools is located in the Santa Fe/Coronado neighborhoods of Richmond, CA. We serve students in the immediate community, as well as students living in the Iron Triangle and surrounding areas.
We were founded in 2004 as a Montessori preschool program and began with 20 students. We have since grown into two programs: a preschool and a charter elementary school that serves approximately 442 children.
The charter elementary school has students in transitional kindergarten through sixth grade. Below is some information on our student population from the 2015-16 school year:
- 60% Latino
- 40% African American
- 1% Asian/ Pacific Islander
- 88% of our students qualify for free/ reduced lunch
- 48% of our students are English Language Learners
- 8% of our students receive Special Education services
Our teachers, administrators, and staff are dedicated to the academic success and social-emotional well being of all of our students. Students are exposed to a rigorous academic curriculum, as well as mindful awareness practices. Richmond College Prep Schools has a history of academic success and continues to work towards excellence. Below are some of our academic results:
2014-15 Smarter Balanced Assessment Results:
- Recognized by Innovative Public Schools as a Top-Performing Bay Area Public School for
Low-Income Latino Students in both ELA and Math.
- Top performing public school in the city of Richmond in both ELA and Math.
2013-14 CA Title I Achievement Award School
API Scores under the CA STAR Test:
- In 2013, RCP achieved an API score of 828. The school experienced a 73-point gain in API from 2011 to 2013.