Victim Services Center of Montgomery County, Inc.
Our Mission is to provide advocacy and counseling for all who have been affected by sexual violence and other crimes against the person; and to promote sensitivity and awareness in the community through education.
Located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, VSC provides free and confidential support services to crime victims, their families and significant others.
of these services include:
· Immediate crisis intervention via two 24-hour hotlines
· In-person accompaniment to hospitals for emergency medical care and/or medical forensic Rape Kit exams as requested
· In-person accompaniment to law enforcement agencies for police interviews as requested and court hearings
· Supportive services for the victims’ families and friends
· Individual and support group counseling
· In-person court accompaniments for criminal justice proceedings and orientation
· In-person advocacy and support services for crime victims
· Accompaniment for victims seeking Protection of
Sexual Violence or Intimidation Act (PSVI) orders
· Assistance with Victim Impact Statements and Crime Victims Compensation filings
· Safety Rangers, a 10 week after school safety education program
· Information and referrals to community resources if needed
· Risk reduction/safety education programs for children from pre-k to college age
· Senior safety educational program
· Mandated Reporter training to teachers, childcare centers, after school agencies, etc.
· Community Crisis Response to assist communities dealing with the effects of violent crime
· Professional training for police, hospital, legal and social service personnel, etc.
· Child Abuse
Treatment Program, which serves child victims of sexual abuse and non-offending
parents/caregivers, provides long term counseling and therapy. The project works in collaboration with Widener University’s Psy.D program, which places doctorate level interns to provide therapy for a period of one fiscal year.
· Crime Victims Law Project, a collaborative effort of the four county victim service agencies in Bucks, Chester, Delaware & Montgomery counties that provides victims of sexual violence and stalking pro bono legal representation for matters such as child custody, divorce, protection from abuse orders, landlord/tenant issues, etc.