The Museum of Sonoma County presents exhibitions of modern and contemporary art and local and regional history. The Museum is open year round with changing exhibitions, public programs, school tours, and education programs. The Museum preserves and manages a regional art and history collection of over eighteen thousand objects, the region’s largest object documentation of Sonoma County’s history and culture. The Museum has been a Smithsonian Affiliate museum since 2009.
Mission Statement: The Museum of Sonoma County engages and inspires our diverse community with art and history exhibitions, collections, and public programs that are inclusive, educational, and relevant.
The Museum is guided in its mission and strategic planning by the following core values:
1. Community: We believe the humanities and the arts are fundamental to a healthy society; we believe in being a good civic partner and understand that the arts and humanities contribute significantly to civic and economic development; when we are successful in addressing our mission, we break down barriers and establish a culture of learning that helps build a more inclusive and connected community.
2. Creativity: We believe creativity is an essential aspect of our humanity, and believe in the power of creative programming to engage the public and provide memorable and meaningful experiences.
3. Engagement: We believe that engagement in the arts and humanities positively impacts people of all ages and improves academic achievement and literacy for students.
4. Relevance: We will strive to present exhibitions and programs that are relevant to the broad range of community members and visitors.
5. Collaboration: We value community partnerships and believe that a spirit of collaboration is necessary for the Museum’s and the community’s success.
6. Accessibility: We believe the Museum should be accessible and welcoming to everyone.
7. Diversity: We will use our arts and history programs to promote cross-cultural understanding and appreciation.
The Museum of Sonoma County presents exhibitions of modern and contemporary art and local and regional history. The Museum is open year round with changing exhibitions, public programs, school tours, and education programs. The Museum…
|Development Manager||Santa Rosa, CA||February 12, 2021|