Emerge USA is a civic engagement organization that engages underrepresented communities into the political process with a focus on the Muslim, Arab, and South Asian American (MASA) communities. We aim to ensure these communities have the same constitutional rights, privileges, and political opportunities afforded to all Americans.
- Inspire its constituents to engage with all levels of their government.
- Inform and educate its constituents about a wide range of domestic policy and legislative initiatives, the role of their representatives, and how to influence them.
- Educate its constituents about the US political process, and provide training on how they can participate in the process, including how to seek public office.
- Inform and educate elected representatives of areas of interest so that they may adopt appropriate positions that advance favorable legislation.
What are the Emerge USA Core Values?
- Champion policies (at the local, state and national levels of government) that benefit the broadest cross-section of Americans, including but not limited to under-represented communities like American Muslims.
- Empower the voice of its constituents in politics and government through open and persistent communication with current and aspiring public officials.
- Engage in grassroots political advocacy by providing education and training to its constituents.
- Develop programs that enable constituents to better engage in all aspects of public service.
- Build coalitions with multiple ethnic, moderate religious, and mainstream secular advocacy groups for the advancement of common cause issues.
Through grassroots networking, Emerge USA aims to politically empower and train its constituents to be effective community organizers and work in coalitions to advance beneficial policies and legislation that help protect and enforce the rights afforded by the United States Constitution.