Maine Huts & Trails
Maine Huts & Trails is a non-profit organization whose mission is to contribute to the economic, social, and natural environment of Maine's Western Mountains region by creating and operating a world-class recreational corridor for current and future generations. Our backcountry trails enhance access to beautiful lakes, rivers, and forest lands, and our low-impact huts provide inviting spaces that facilitate outdoor adventures and learning. This self-sustaining resource stimulates environmentally sensitive economic opportunity in the region by attracting visitors of all ages and abilities.
Our Work is:
- Creating a resource of national significance for our state and regions.
- Providing opportunities for environmental and experiential education.
- Enhancing opportunities for people-powered outdoor recreation.
- Stimulating environmentally sensitive economic development opportunities in Western Maine.
- Instilling an environmental stewardship and conservation ethic within our communities and residents.
- Ensuring perpetual year-round public access to remote and special areas along the trail corridor.
Do you work for Maine Huts & Trails? Become an administrator