Linking Efforts Against Drugs
Making a difference in the community...
LEAD™ supports parents and other adults shaping the future of our youth and is dedicated to promoting healthy family relationships and preventing alcohol, tobacco, drug use, and other risky behavior by youth.
LEAD's goals' include...
- EMPOWERING parents with knowledge and skills.
- RAISING awareness of the importance of strong families in the prevention of risky behavior.
- ENCOURAGING the community to UNITE against underage drinking and other risky behavior.
We make this happen through...
- EDUCATING parents and community leaders through interactive workshops, expert speakers, book discussions, networking opportunities and disseminating relevant, timely information.
- COLLABORATING with schools, youth & civic groups and others.
- CALLING TO ACTION all parents and community members to SpeakUp! through media campaigns and fact based resources. The SpeakUp! Prevention Coalition is part of LEAD. For more information, visitwww.SpeakUpLFLB.com
LEAD's work in the community...
- PRESENT workshops focusing on core parenting skills and issues facing our families today. Topics include teen risky behaviors, cyberspace, social and emotional wellness, communicating & setting boundaries.
- CREATED the award-winning "Our Stories" DVD, viewed by over 2,000 parents and teens and added to the Lake Forest High School Health Department curriculum. (Other local high schools are using the DVD)
- DEVELOPED & DISTRIBUTED prevention materials across Lake County to educate ALL on the harmful effects of underage drinking.
Supporters for LEAD
- In-kind Donations
- Financial Supporters
- Collaborative Partners
- SpeakUp! Coalition Members