Brothers United Inc
3737 North Meridian Street
Brothers United was founded in 1999 to provide supportive, preventive, and social support services to the HIV positive community without charge. The organization’s mission is to enhance the health and wellness of the community, which includes sexual, gender, and racial minorities and the people who live and work in their neighborhoods. Brothers United is the largest African-American AIDS service organization in the state of Indiana, continually ensuring that its clients have a safe and caring environment that allows them to receive all the necessary tools for healthy living.
Brothers United programs and services include:
• Free and confidential HIV testing and STD screening.
• Comprehensive risk counseling and services such as linkage to care and care coordination including transportation, communication with providers, medication support and a plan for success.
• Ryan White Services Program which provides wrap-around services such as transportation to medical, dental and psychosocial support for PLWH.
Prevention and Support Services
• Group level intervention, young adult and adult discussion groups and transgender support services.
• Programs such as Brothers Facing it Together (B-FIT); 3MV, Many Men Many Voices; CRCS, Comprehensive Risk Counseling Services; Pillow Talk; Sisters United; and Survivors, among others.
• Substance abuse screenings, counseling, and referrals to intensive outpatient care facilities.
• Build advocacy networks of African-Americans living with HIV across the State of Indiana through the Positive Organizing Project.
• Educate clients on the role of planning councils such as the Ryan White Planning Council and the Community Planning Group; encourage clients to join these groups and teach them how to be effective council members.
Brothers United is governed by an 8-member Board of Directors. The organization’s current budget is approximately $547K. The organization is comprised of 10 employees including the interim Executive Director and various Care Coordinators.
Executive Director (Job)
Do you work for Brothers United Inc? Become an administrator