Compassion & Choices-New Jersey
Compassion & Choices is the leading nonprofit organization committed to helping everyone have the best death possible. We offer free consultation, planning resources, referrals and guidance, and across the nation we work to protect and expand options at the end of life.
For over thirty years we have reduced people’s suffering and given them some control in their final days – even when injury or illness takes their voice. We are experts in what it takes to die well.
Compassion & Choices works with individuals and allied organizations throughout America to:
- Make aid in dying an open, legitimate option recognized throughout the medical field and permitted in more states.
- Increase patient control and reduce unwanted interventions at the end of life.
- Pass additional laws ensuring full information and access to all end-of-life care options.
- Normalize accurate, unbiased language throughout the end-of-life choice discussion (“aid in dying” instead of “assisted suicide”).
- Establish aid in dying as a prime motivator in voter decision-making.
- Support the expansion of the end-of-life choice movement and exert a leadership role in it.