Welcome to an extraordinary school. Located in Greenwich Connecticut only 45 minutes from New York City, Whitby is an independent, coeducational private day school for students ages 18 months through eighth grade.
- Founded in 1958 - America’s longest continuing Montessori school and birthplace of the American Montessori Society. Only U.S. school accredited by the American Montessori Society and the highly regarded International Baccalaureate for Pre-K to grade 8. Along with its accreditation by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, Whitby is the only triple accredited school in Connecticut.
- Located on 25 acres in beautiful back country Greenwich, CT
- Over 385 students enrolled from Pre-K through Grade 8
- Students come from 33 towns in Fairfield County, Connecticut and Westchester County, New York
- Diverse student body with 40 countries represented speaking over 15 languages
- Recognized for a proven, exemplary academic program taught by 87 highly trained, experienced and passionate faculty
- Low student-faculty ratio ensures tailored, individual attention
- World Languages integral to curriculum with Spanish taught beginning at age 2 plus offering Chinese and French
- Extensive Music and Visual and Performing Arts Programs
- Robust team and intramural sports plus a wide variety of after-school enrichment activities
- Modern facilities featuring gym, tennis courts, soccer and baseball fields plus Performing Arts Center
- State-of-the-art technology with Smart Boards, Mac laptops, iPads and numerous online programs complementing in-class and at-home learning.
- 65% of students qualify for the prestigious Johns Hopkins Talent Search with 2 students in 2010 achieving “Top in Country” awards – the only U.S. school to have more than one.
- Excellent track record in acceptance and achievement at highly selective secondary schools with 90% of graduates accepted at first choice of high school
Do you work for Whitby School? Become an administrator