Alabama Coalition Against Domestic Violence
The Alabama Coalition Against Domestic Violence is a nonprofit organization dedicated to working toward a peaceful society where domestic violence no longer exists. The Coalition was organized in 1978 as a network of shelters for battered women and their children, and organizations and individuals concerned about the issue of domestic violence. The ACADV serves domestic violence victims throughout the state through its 19-member shelter programs, and 24 hour crisis line for domestic violence.
The ACADV strives to:
- Prevent domestic violence against women by exposing its root causes.
- Ensure the availability of services for domestic violence victims.
- Expand services systematically so that every victim may obtain needed services.
- Help victims and their families rebuild their lives through non-violent means.
- Empower victims.
- Eliminate the re-victimization of domestic violence victims by individuals, organizations, and society through education and collaboration.