With a global outlook and reputation for research and teaching, Essex is one of the UK's most internationally diverse campus universities with students from 136 countries.
We offer undergraduate and postgraduate study across the social sciences, humanities and comparative studies, science and engineering, and law and management.
- Top 20 for research and teaching (REF 2014) meaning our students are taught, supported and supervised by world leaders in their fields.
- Top 10 for student satisfaction in the UK (NSS 2014)
- The UK's number one social science university (REF 2014)
- Uniquely international – 12,000 students from 136 countries
- Less than one hour from London – our three campuses are in great locations. The University's largest campus is based in beautiful parkland in Colchester.
- A range of notable alumni - a president, Members of Parliament, the first Mexican astronaut, film directors and Nobel Prize winners.
- Great employment prospects - over 90% per cent of our international graduates were in employment or further study within six months (DLHE survey 2013).
- Friendly and supportive campus environments
- Outstanding academic and social facilities
- Award winning accommodation and students union
- Interdisciplinary teaching inspired by our global research