Channing Murray Foundation
Channing Murray Foundation is a campus-community center rooted in Unitarian-Universalist values providing educational, artistic, and cultural programs designed to be radically inclusive, social justice-centered, and spiritually alive.
Channing Murray Foundation seeks to contribute to a vibrant community life in Champaign-Urbana that values social justice, diversity, and community-building across a diversity of identities and experiences. We are LGBTQ-affirming, interfaith-oriented, and committed to social justice. As a community center rooted in Unitarian-Universalism, we are guided by the seven principles of Unitarian-Universalism:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
our commitment to diversity
Channing Murray Foundation has a strong commitment to diversity, celebrating a multitude of worldviews, histories, and cultural knowledge across a range of social groups including race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, abilities, economic class, religion, and their intersections.