WHAT WE DO:
• Mission: Educating youth, engaging leadership and empowering communities to sustain a cleaner Memphis.
• Vision: Engaged Communities. Sustainable City. A Better Memphis.
HOW WE DO IT
• Community Partnerships - Zones Strategy
• Environmental Education in schools, communities, & businesses
• Project Green Fork
• Sweeps Crews - Focus on Right of Ways
• Assisting Businesses in Creating a More Sustainable Culture
Zone Collaboratives: Neighborhoods, schools, businesses and faith-based groups connected within a geographic area for collaboration and support.
Education: 28 schools adopted by businesses. Over 12,000 students from 58 schools engaged in STEM based environmental education and sustainability activities. 84% mastery of content. Students connected to communities for volunteerism and environmental stewardship.
Businesses: 28 new businesses connected to communities or schools for volunteer and other support.
Supporting City Crews: 625 sweeps removing over 98,000 lbs of litter.
Project Green Fork: Helping restaurants reduce their impact on the environment.
• Recycled more than 700 tons of plastic, glass, and aluminum
• Recycled 1,500 tons of paper and cardboard
• Prevented more than half a million gallons of food waste from entering a landfill