Community Foundation Sonoma County
The mission of Community Foundation Sonoma County is to strengthen our local communities through effective philanthropy and civic engagement.
- Respect – We respect the inherent worth and dignity of every person.
- Stewardship – We mindfully steward the resources entrusted to us.
- Integrity – We honor our commitments with integrity and responsive action.
- Inclusiveness – We strive to engage all in the life of our community.
- Excellence – We reach for excellence in all that we do.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Making grants to fund responses to important needs in Sonoma County and beyond.
- Encouraging donors to partner with us in fulfilling their financial and charitable goals.
- Ensuring that gifts made to the Community Foundation grow and have lasting impact both now and into the future.
- Convening people to work on relevant community challenges and issues
- Providing cumulative community knowledge about Sonoma County.
- Catalyzing community involvement and philanthropic commitment to improve the quality of life in Sonoma County.
- Community Foundation Sonoma County was established in 1983.
- Our current assets of over $130 million are held in over 450 charitable funds created by individuals, families, community groups and businesses.
- We are governed by a Board of Directors representing a cross section of Sonoma County’s business, civic and philanthropic leaders and a President & CEO.
- Since inception, the Community Foundation and its donors have awarded $116 million in grants.