Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits VISTA Program
360 E Coronado St, Ste 120
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965 VISTA has been on the front lines in the fight against poverty in America for 50 years. AmeriCorps VISTA members make a year-long, full time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. With passion, commitment and hard work, VISTA members bring individuals and communities out of poverty. VISTA members focus their efforts on building the organizational, administrative and financial capacity of organizations that fight poverty. VISTAs can:
• Create an adult literacy awareness campaign and recruit volunteer tutors.
• Set up transitional housing dedicated to helping the homeless turn their lives around.
• Expand programs to help low-income families obtain affordable health insurance
• Recruit mentors for children of incarcerated parents.
• Organize shelter and job opportunities for victims of disasters.
• and more!
Poverty affects us all. In Arizona, 15% of people are living in poverty, including 24% of youth. In partnership with local nonprofits and public agencies, the Alliance VISTA program coordinates a network of AmeriCorps projects throughout Arizona. Currently we coordinate a team of approximately 20 VISTA members across the state.
Do you work for Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits VISTA Program? Become an administrator