Human IS Right
Room 3, 2nd apartment, building adjacent to SOWEDA
Human Is Right Cameroon (HSR-Cmr) is a non-governmental, apolitical and not for profit making organization devoted to the promotion, protection and advancement of human rights, rule of law and access to justice, democracy and peace in Cameroon and across Africa. HSR-Cmr is engaged in diverse human rights activities through projects and research aimed at building a strong culture of human rights in Cameroon. We offer opportunities to students, legal practitioners, civil society actors, volunteers, local and international interns to build their capacity and gain hands on experience in the field of human rights.
Human Is Right Cameroon aims to improve urgent human rights issues amongst which access to justice, abuse of prisoners’ rights, gender inequality, civil liberty deficiencies, corruption, and minority rights amongst others.
We work at grassroots level to provide legal advocates who work with local communities to advance justice. Our legal advocates fighting on the front lines help to ensure that people can protect their rights, access essential services, and take part in the decisions that govern their lives. We are determined to inculcate in our nation a culture of human rights and respect for the rule of law whereby promoting and protecting the human rights and freedoms enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Legal assistance to victims of human rights abuse
- Educate local population on their rights and obligations
- Policy advocacy for prisons reform
- Human rights universal periodic review (Cameroon)
- Information dissemination on avenues for remedy for victims of human rights abuse
- Promotion and protection of minorities rights
- Liaising with local and international NGOs and diplomatic missions focused on human rights to provide services that promote human rights.
- Offer human rights career development opportunities to local and international students, legal practitioners, volunteers and researchers.