Schechter School of Long Island
SSLI is a Jewish day school whose dual curriculum of excellence educates and empowers its students to be critical thinkers, ethical leaders, and globally engaged citizens, striving to achieve their full potential and ensuring a vibrant Jewish future. Our Core Values, which support our mission, become the essence of our students’ identities and guide them through every stage of life.
- Torah – We instill a love of lifelong learning where questions are as valued as answers.
- Ahavat Yisrael – We foster a love and commitment to the State, language and People of Israel as central to Jewish identity and continuity.
- Kehila – We celebrate the individuality and diversity within the SSLI family, and foster an inclusive and caring community.
- Mitzvot – We sanctify God’s presence in our lives through the observance of Jewish practice.
- Tefillah– We encourage all students to find their unique voices in prayer.
- Gemilut Chasadim – We engage our students in thoughtful acts of loving kindness, generosity and world repair, Tikkun Olam.