Integrated Research and Action for Development
IRADe is a fully autonomous Advanced Research Institute, which aims toconduct research and Policy Analysis and connect various Stakeholders including Government, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Corporations, and Academic and Financial Institutions. Its research covers many areas including Energy & Power Systems, Urban Development, Climate Change & Environment, Poverty Alleviation & Gender, Food Security & Agriculture, as well as the Policies that affect these areas.
Recognition and Memberships
IRADe is registered under Society's act established in 2002 at New Delhi. It qualifies as an R&D organization and has received a certificate from the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST). IRADe is also recognized as a Centre of Excellence by the Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) for Cities & climate adaptation. It provides expertise to various ministries from time to time as required.
A. Institutional recognitions:
- IRADe has been designated as a Center of Excellence in the area of Urban Development
On "Climate Change Vulnerability and Adaptation" by the Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD), Government of India.
- IRADe is recognized as "Scientific & Industrial Research Organization (SIRO)" by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India on 16thSeptember 2008.
- IRADe is registered as "Research Institution, other than a hospital, for the purpose of availing customs/central excise duty exemption" by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India on 1st December 2008.
- IRADe has been selected as the National Focal Point for India for International network on Gender and Energy by ENERGIA.
- IRADe is a member of NATCOM network established by the Ministry of Environment & Forests for Climate Change.
B. Other distinctions:
- Dr. Jyoti Parikh, Executive Director- the chief of the Organization- is a member in the Prime Minister's Council for National Action Plan for Climate Change and is also a member of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
- Dr. Parikh is also honored by Nobel Peace Committee for contributing to IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) with the Award of the Nobel Peace Prize for 2007.
- She is a fellow member of the National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI).
- The Executive Director of IRADe is a member of Board of Director, North South Institute (NSI), Ottawa, Canada and National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi.Partnerships Developed
IRADe networks with the government, ministries/ departments, international organizations, thepublic & private sectors and engaging academic experts, NGOs, and consultants to work on projects awarded by them. The ministries include Ministry of Environment and Forests, Ministryof New and Renewable Energy, Planning Commission, Ministry of Power, Ministry of External Affairs, Department of Science and Technology, Central Statistical Organization under Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, TIFAC etc for many national level projects. At the international level, IRADe has worked with Stanford University, California, USA; Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy, Germany; UNDPGEF- SGP; ENERGIA-International network for gender and sustainable energy, Netherlands; British High Commission; GIZ, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Austria; US-Environment Protection Agency etc. IRADe has collaborated with private sector and multinational organizations and NGOs such as SEWA, Petroleum Federation of India, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, ICF International, Rockefeller Foundation, USA; Institute for Social and Environmental Transitions (ISET) USA; Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP), USA and others.