Stay in School Project of the ACLU of Delaware
The Stay in School Project is an initiative of the ACLU of Delaware. The project developed out of the knowledge that many students are being pushed out of schools and denied educational opportunities because of negative school environments and harsh discipline measures that undermine their chances of success.
The Stay in School Project aims to:
- Teach youth and their parents the skills and information necessary to understand and advocate for their rights in schools, and
- Organize and engage community members, education leaders, youth advocates, and organizations concerned with student success in Delaware to influence policy and structural changes that will improve school climate in Delaware.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Delaware (ACLU-DE) is a nonprofit, membership organization devoted to defending and preserving the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the U.S. and Delaware Constitutions. We accomplish our mission by:
- Educating the people of Delaware about important civil liberty issues;
- Protecting and advancing our rights and freedoms by participating in the legislative process; and
- Providing legal assistance to secure the benefits of constitutional protections when necessary.