The Opportunity Center- Heartland Human Care Services
1286 Pipestone Rd
The Opportunity Center helps local residents of the Benton Harbor, Michigan, community develop knowledge, skills, and abilities to build the human capital necessary to revitalize the community. The goals of The Opportunity Center are to help residents increase literacy and numeracy levels, increase education or job training, secure and retain employment, and increase family income levels.
- Culinary arts training
- Literacy services (workplace, contextualized, adult basic education)
- Mentoring for returning offenders
- Customer skills training
- Work readiness and preparation
- Case management
- Landscape training
- Resident of Benton Harbor or Berrien County, Michigan
- Must be 18 years old
- Valid Michigan ID or Drivers License
- Social Security Card
Applying for Services:
- Contact program for services
- May be referred by Michigan Works
Referral and Intake:
Phone number: 269.926.2430 Fax number: 269.926.2431 E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1286 Pipestone Road Benton Harbor, MI 49022
The Opportunity Center is located in the Mercy Center at the corner of Empire and Pipestone in Benton Harbor.
Office hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm
Classes hours Monday - Thursday 8:30 am to 4:45 pm
Evening classes Monday - Thursday 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm
This program takes appointments.
Walk In Accepted: Walk-ins may register for next available program orientation.