Park Slope Jewish Center
Park Slope Jewish Center (PSJC) is an egalitarian Conservative synagogue located at 14th Street and 8th Avenue in a beautiful and vibrant neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York.
Our Mission: To build a community dedicated to cherishing and renewing our tradition through religious growth, prayer, good works, and a commitment to take care of one another.
- We are a Conservative congregation, actively welcoming Jews of all ages, backgrounds, affiliations, family structures, and sexual orientation.
- Men and women are invited to participate fully in all religious and other affairs of the congregation.
- Members take collective responsibility for organizing ritual, social and business activities of the synagogue. All are invited to participate in leading services, reading Torah, and teaching within the congregation.
- Our services are grounded in traditional liturgy and familiar melodies, complemented by contemporary forms of religious expression. Our goal is to make the synagogue accessible and comfortable to people who have varying degrees of familiarity with traditional prayer.
- Meaningful programming for children and families is an important focus in our community.
- We are committed to Jewish learning and study.
- We believe our community to be a powerful, relevant model for Jewish life both religious and cultural and we are committed to reaching out to welcome an ever-widening circle of Jews to join us.
Do you work for Park Slope Jewish Center? Become an administrator