Many people want to be socially involved and make a difference, which usually proves difficult as they encounter various obstacles: a busy routine, the difficulty of fitting into organizations’ volunteering systems and the customary demand for long-term commitment. In practice, a large section of potential volunteers remains untapped (CBS data).
An online platform for micro-volunteering.
By bringing people together, we strive to strengthen the sense of community and promote values of solidarity and humanity.
· Increasing social involvement and volunteer rates in Israel
· Strengthening mutual responsibility and setting volunteer work as a social norm.
· Encouraging a change of perspective and the acceptance of the other.
· Bringing together people from different sections of the population.
· Using micro-volunteering as a stepping stone for combining volunteer work into daily routine.
· Facilitating the connection between a person who needs help and a person able to supply the relevant assistance.
· Helping people ask for help, by simplifying the required process and making it accessible for each and every individual.
· Helping people to help others, by making volunteer opportunities more accessible and less complicated.
· Using technology for social purposes.
The market today
Currently, there are no existing platforms which enable direct, unmediated connection between individuals for purposes of volunteering and assistance. The project will function as a collaborative platform that can be accessed and used by every person, NPO or social worker. The platform will avoid overlaps with the resources and volunteer arrays of existing organizations.