LaGuardia Community College - Division of Adult & Continuing Ed.
- Long Island City
31-10 Thomson Avenue, C236
Long Island City
LaGuardia Community College of the City University of New York is named for Fiorello H. LaGuardia, New York City's New Deal mayor, who united and inspired a city of immigrants. Located at a transit hub that links Queens, the most ethnically diverse borough, with the world center of finance, commerce and the arts, the college provides access to higher education and serves New Yorkers of all backgrounds, ages and means. LaGuardia Community College is committed to:
- Offering career, as well as liberal arts and science curricula, developmental education and transfer preparation, cooperative education internships, continuing education classes, and training programs serving individuals, businesses and public agencies;
- Responding creatively to changes in student population, technology, and the global economy;
- Providing extensive support services and opportunities for a highly diverse student population;
- Upholding high standards through a focus on program assessment and innovative approaches to teaching and learning;
- Maintaining a dedicated, highly qualified faculty and staff, while promoting their professional development;
- Preparing students to become full participants in the economic and civic life of the city, the nation, and the world;
- Cultivating partnerships with business, community groups, government, and public schools to enhance the economic, social, cultural, and educational development of Western Queens and New York City.
Do you work for LaGuardia Community College - Division of Adult & Continuing Ed.? Become an administrator