The Institute for Responsible Citizenship
1227 25th Street, NW
The Institute for Responsible Citizenship is an intensive leadership development program for talented African American men. Our mission is to prepare men to be exemplary citizens and leaders. We believe:
- Men with the greatest potential should be challenged to pursue the highest achievement.
- Men who work hard to achieve academic success should be recognized and rewarded.
- Men who are destined for leadership should understand fundamental economic and constitutional principles.
- Men who strive to make a difference can have a greater impact by working together.
- Men of character should be encouraged to pursue success as a platform for service to their communities, our nation, and the world.
In 2003, the Institute launched its Washington Program, an intensive two-summer experience for some of the nation’s best and brightest African American male college students. Building upon the success of that program, the Institute started its Youth Scholar Academy, a summer enrichment and college prep program that prepares high-potential boys to thrive in high school, college, and life.
The Institute selects scholars from all over the United States. Our alumni have been accepted to all of the nation's top law schools and many of the nation's leading graduate programs. Today, they are teachers, ordained ministers, accountants, entrepreneurs, and rising stars at Fortune 500 companies. All of them are engaged in public and community service.
Do you work for The Institute for Responsible Citizenship? Become an administrator