Nepal Integrated Blind Development Association (NIBDA)
NIBDA NEPAL PROFILE
Name of Organization : Nepal Integrated Blind development Association ( NIBDA NEPAL)
Address : Balaju, kathmandu
Phone : 00977-01435873
Fax : 4385426
Website : www.nibda.org.np
Contact person : Binod Kafle-Chairman / sunita pant – program officer
Contact No : 9841318912/ 9841886763
Name of Bank : Nepal Bank Limited
Bank Account : 35-11-8999
Registration No : 288
Registered District : Kathmandu
Registered Date : 2053/7/19
Renewed Period : 2068/06/26 -2069/3/30
Type of Organization : Disability
Number of Working Members : 12 ( 8 male, 4 female)
Nepal Integrated Blind Development Association (NIBDA) is an non profit making, non religious and Non Governmental Organisation (NGO). It was established in 1996 AD with visioning to improve the living standard of persons with disability by providing opportunities and participate them in different integrated programmes.
The executive committee of NIBDA Nepal has 5 female members out of 11 with visually impaired and it has 2500 general members in 54 districts. Our executive members are heartly dedicated towards the mission and vision of the organization which helps to grow up our organization in this position. This organisation doesn’t get any strong financial support from others even though, we are more committed to our vision with our own effort by optimum utilisation of available resources. Fortunately, NIBDA has got 2.0 hectors of land from the effort of local government (has present value $ 969,230/-) in Goldhunga VDC.
NIBDA is dedicated to improve the situation of woman and children, women with disability are extremely deprived by the minimum level of opportunities and access. NIBDA Nepal encourage the people with disabilities for further activities like vocational training, Income generation program, personality development and leadership, confidence build up training etc. It was registered in District Administration office, Kathmandu with the affiliation of Social welfare Council (SWC) on the date of 2053/7/19, having its registration no 288/053/54.
In addition, NIBDA has office equipment and furniture worth $4,692 that includes Desktop computer-2, office table-5, Chairs-10, Sofaset-3, cupboard-2, Photocopier with scanner and printer-1 and other office materials.
Basically this organisation was focussed on visually impaired persons in the beginning, later on, it broaden its scopes to other types of disables too. "Basic needs are basic rights" for everyone that’s why the NIBDA Nepal aims to fulfil the basic need of persons with disabilities by participating them in different development activities.
2. Current Programme activities:
NIBDA has been implementing different programme activities for the disables and people with multiple disabilities (especially for blind peoples). These programs are smoothly different from the programs organised for wholesome peoples. Preventive blindness programme, public awareness, assistive technology, vocational training, income generating activities, scholarship support, building networks among disable, leadership development approach and organisational capacity building are some of the major programme.
CBR has a world wide network for disables organisations, Among them, NIBDA is also one of the active member organisations of CBR national network (Community Based Rehabilitation). Under the networking of CBR. NIBDA Nepal was success to provide the benefit for 5,000 disable peoples directly. It was success to brought significant change in their lives. We have to face many challenges but we should not go back and must grab the opportunity flying in the environment. The perceptions of general people towards the disables is positive nowadays which creates favocurable environment in the society. Such progressive qualitative and quantitative changes will be documented and shared with stakeholders and funding partners as well.
NIBDA believes that disable people also have rights to live with dignity as rest of the people living. This organisation sets the vision to rise the living standard of disable people by utilising their skill professionally.
To make disable people capable and do not need to dependent to others by developing skill on them through different vocational training and technical education, so as to ensure their access on health, education and employment matters.
5. Broader objectives
- To rise the economic and social status of disable people by providing opportunities and vocational training.
- To build up the organisational capacity, participating and networking among organisations which are working for the disables.
- To increase accessibility to the governmental and non-governmental resources.
- To raise awareness regarding democratic exercise and bring them in mainstream of development through active participation in different levels.
- To make their daily life more comfortable, easier and easy access by introducing assistive device technologies and aids.
- To link up NIBDA with International agencies and organisation to establish NIBDA as an international no-governmental organisation and its own CBR centres.
- Cost effectiveness
- Partnership/Collaborative work
- Advocacy/Policy influencing
- Right based
7. Right holders
NIBDA focuses its programme for the following Right holders:
- Persons with disabilities
- Persons with the risk factor
- Persons with low vision/partially blind
- Fully blind people
- People with multiple disabilities
- Orphans, abandoned and disabled child
8. Past Funding partners
The following are some of the funding partner organisations that provides the funds for the different programmes launched under the NIBDA:
- Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare (MOWCSW)
- District Development Committee (DDC)
- Individual donors
- Village Development Committee (VDC)
- Foreign Volunteers
- Rotary Club (RC)
- Vocational & skill Development Training (VASDT)
- Ministry of Youth and Sports (MOYAS)
Do you work for Nepal Integrated Blind Development Association (NIBDA)? Become an administrator