Chicago Arts Orchestra
The Chicago Arts Orchestra was founded by a group of musicians and creative artists to perform great music and to make chamber orchestra music accessible and affordable. The orchestra is made up of young professional musicians who maintain active performing schedules throughout Chicago. The CAO aims to achieve its mission by providing educational opportunities for the community through the performance of historic and new orchestral music. The CAO seeks to be innovative in its programming and presentation of concerts.
The Chicago Arts Orchestra’s mission is to educate the community through the performance of orchestral music both historical and new.
The orchestra will touch an underserved and neglected audience through the championing of all types of art music.
The Chicago Arts Orchestra agreed on the following shared values which the board plans to share with musicians, volunteers and future staff members.
- We appreciate and support great music for the chamber orchestra.
- Great music is a shared experience which can build pride in one’s community and communicate across cultural barriers.
- We believe that culturally enriching experiences should be accessible to all.
- The orchestra shares its musical gifts and provides good musical values to others.
- We offer artistically adventurous and intellectually curious programming.
- We champion neglected works and find hidden gems within the standard repertoire.