Orphans and children in need uganda
- Eastern region
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND.
Ocin_uganda is a total child care ministry committed to rescue and meet the basic needs of the suffering children and orphans who have lost their parents due to HIV/AIDS mainly though there might be other factors these include family splits, poverty, civil wars and internal displacement.
The ministry office is located in kadiba zone in Buwenge Town council market street Rhema Faith church road. The vision of this ministry was conceived in 2011 and then started its charity services in 2012. On 7th-May-2013 registered as a community based Organization in Buwenge Town council.
The ministry was founded and is led by Mr. Brandon Nasitu Magadha whom God touched to help the suffering, desperate and abandoned children who were roaming on the streets of Buwenge as Hawkers. It reached a time where he could not help it out until he acted with the help and guidance of his pastor then Orphans and children in need began to receive partial support.
WHY THE CONCERN OF ORPHANS AND CHILDREN IN NEED
Every person, ever conceived and born deserves love, care, food, shelter, security, knowledge that critical needs will continue to be met, bonding, mentoring and nurturing which will lead to a sense of belonging as well as self-actualization or self-worth to belief that one is of value to themselves and others. Children will first seek their critical needs and the supply of those critical needs will instill a learned behavior. And then they will seek other needs as well and the source of these needs will again become a behavior. For example, if a starving child learns that the surest way to not be hungry is to steal they will learn that behavior as means of survival. If being for Example, Child soldier or terrorist means that they are fed, clothed and receive attention and praise from an adult figure, Again they will learn that these types of behavior bring them rewards…….Supplying them with their needs. In a sense they will become what they have learned in their struggle to survive and belong.
Consider this article written about the Taliban, Aliqueidha. In Essence, every orphan child will either perish or receive his or her basic human needs from some source good or bad. It is up those who have the means and the opportunity to be sure that the source is good to provide for them. I f we don’t, it will be the pimps, slave traders ill-willed relatives thieves, gangsters, warlords and terrorists that do;
No human is ever born to be unhappy, unhealthy, uneducated but due to life incidentals that come in unexpectedly causes such tragedies to happen.
However, there are many children who are born into loving homes in which they will have the right that every child deserves. There has been a single orphan or children in need Born, that chose or deserves their status as a child without parental care whether you believe or not it is God’s will as stated in the scriptures such as James 1:27 or simply understand our inherent responsibility to care for orphans, widows and protect their future. It’s plain to see that the orphan children of this world are something we simply cannot ignore. Its these children who have no one to care that are most vulnerable to being brought up in lives of crime, sold off into slavery, sexual exploitation, child soldiers. They are the most vulnerable, because they are children ,these children will make choices solely out of necessity. Just like anyone, they will do what they need to survive. That’s a decision a child should not have to make at such a crucial age. We care for Orphans and children in need because they are the future.
OUR MAJOR GOAL.
Is to end the pain and sorrows that orphans and children in need go through, to create a smile by promoting the children’s rights, empower their families for self sustainability.
OCIN-UGANDA: means to care and showing love for the suffering as we build a bridge to a brighter future seeking to restore and resurrecting the dead dreams. OCIN-Uganda is a relational ministry that is capturing the call of our creator to defend the cause of the weak and fatherless to maintain the right of poor and oppressed psalms 82:3
MISSION OF OCIN-UGANDA
Rescue, rehabilitate and restore the orphans and children in need to God’s glory.
VISION OF OCIN-UGANDA
Raise a God fearing generation of leaders, self reliant citizens and excelling professions.
OBJECTIVES OF OCIN-UGANDA
- To create a sense of belonging; We have realized that every child needs love acceptance and recognition, so its in OCIN-Uganda where these feelings can be experienced.
- To ensure that the children feel welcomed and they experience God’s love in word and action.
- To introduce children and orphans to the love of God (because whoever does not love, does not know God, For God is love John 4:8.
- To show children the way to develop a relationship with God “Jesus said am the way, the truth and the life No one comes to father except through me John 14:6.
- To train the children and orphans in the way should go and when they grow old they will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6.
- To Encourage children to love the lord with all their hearts and will all there soul and with their entire mind Mathew 22:37.
- To establish in children habits of Godly living as daily life style.
- To create a Christian community of children and adults who will enjoy life together as a family and are committed to Each other and to Jesus Christ.
- To help children grow from being self centered to becoming Christ-centered, focusing on others rather than on themselves.
- To make each child’s experience safe, fun and profitable in the process of becoming everything God has planned.
- To restore hope and positive expectation as well as impact the spirit of creativity in the live of orphans and children in need.
- To stop enslavement and glossily abusive of orphans and children in need through engagement in house help activities, street-hawking, child labor as well as practice of early girl marriage and brutality.
- To bring an economical change within the faster families by initiating income generating projects which makes the adopted child to be seen as a blessing within the family.
- To love care for orphans and children in need who have dropped out of school, lost their parents to civil wars, HIV/AIDS and those suffering the effects of poverty.
- To voice out the needs of the orphans and children in need and become a bridge between those that are willing to provide support and children’s guardian family here in Africa.
- To establish a child sponsorship program that will enable an orphan and child in need access education from a family, church or an individual in developed countries.
- To train the orphans and children in need with self reliance skills and income generating activities that will provide hands- on JOB experience not over looking crafts making, tailoring, saloon and Hair addressing, shoes sawing brick making.
- To promote local and international partnership as means of addressing the needs of orphans and children in need by sourcing skills, man power, donations and grants to stop undulation and the suffering.
- To establish income generating activities or projects that can ensure the ministry’s sustainability without an external help (Vision 2030).
- To establish shelter and safe nourishing environment for the total orphans and children in need who have no guardian family to stay. For Example the abandoned children, children at risk and those rescued from streets.
- To up bring the talents of the children and orphans because each child is born with enough talents, gifts and resources to make unique contribution to the community and the world.
- To develop future leaders in all spheres of life through focusing on three key areas: learning by experience learning through others and training.
- To create a happy, secure and orderly environment in which orphans and children in need can learn and develop as caring and responsible individuals in society.
OCIN CORE VALUES
RESPECT, COMPASSION AND DIGNITY.
This core value affirms that each person has a special value, unique talents and varied gifts. When we revere life, we act with deep respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life. The following behaviors and attitudes show how we attempt to do just that each and every day. To heal the physical bodies, the spiritual areas and emotional needs of hurting generation.
This core value suggests we should inspire trust through personal leadership that our words and actions should be consistent with our values in day to day terms, living with integrity may be recognized as how we hold our selves’ personally accountable to do what is right and ethically communicate with honesty and directness.
WISDOM AND INTELLIGENCE
This core value suggests that everyone within our organization is committed to the principles of performance improvements to foster a service culture more specially; Evaluate options and concerns. Act to reflect and understand of excellence and stewardship that includes cultivating relationships holistic use of resources, and also balance work and home demands for a better quality of life
This core value affirms our commitment to seek new approaches to survive and care, to willingly try new approaches with vitality, Energy and enthusiasm. This value is exemplified when we seek new approaches in preferences see challenges as an opportunity for resourcefulness. Embrace change with hope and courage always show our dedication by refining our ideas.
WHO DO WE SERVE?
Total Orphans: Children who have lost both parent that’s to say father and mother to either AIDS or Ebola etc.
Half Orphans: Children who have lost one of the two parents, that is to say mother or father. There is always a struggle to maintain a equilibrium.
Poor and Needy Children: Both parents are alive but economically not functioning to meet the needs