Democratic Progress Institute
DPI is focused on providing expertise combining research and practicable approaches to broaden bases for wider public involvement in promoting peace and democracy building.
The Institute’s key aims and objectives are to:
- Contribute to the establishment of a structured public dialogue on peace and democracy building.
- Provide opportunities for different parties to draw on comparative studies, analyse and compare various mechanisms used to achieve positive results.
- Support a public atmosphere of inclusion and frank, structured discussions whereby different parties share knowledge, ideas, concerns, suggestions and challenges of building and strengthening democracy.
- Strengthen and support collaboration between academics, civil society and policy-makers.
- Identify common priorities and develop innovative approaches to participate in and influence democracy building.