Michigan Forward is a non-profit organization built to research, strategize and advocate around statewide public policy issues from the perspective of the urban center. Michigan Forward is a non-partisan organization for progressive, forward thinking policy and initiatives.
Michigan Forward is a non-profit organization built to research, strategize and advocate around statewide public policy issues from the perspective of the urban center. These centers often bear much of the yoke from ineffective public policy while they experience a dwindling voice in future policy decisions.
The urban center is a natural incubator of progressive policy. Our commitment is to the research, strategy and advocacy of forward thinking public policy that is beneficial to Michigan and its urban centers.
To create a public policy environment that is responsive to the intricacies of the urban center. This environment will recognize the dynamic, heterogeneous make-up of the urban center as a valuable commodity in the creation and implementation of public policy.
The objectives of Michigan Forward are as follows:
- Become a premier public policy organization in Michigan.
- Identify current public policy that negatively affects the urban center and its prosperity and suggest corrective measures.
- Research current public policy initiatives and their effect on Michigan's urban centers.
- Forecast and identify future issues and initiatives for the advancement of Michigan through the urban center.
- Collaborate with like organizations on local, state and national stages.