America's Voice Education Fund
- District of Columbia
The mission of America’s Voice (AV) and America’s Voice Education Fund (AVEF) is to harness the power of American voices and American values to enact policy change that guarantees full labor, civil and political rights for immigrants and their families. We work in partnership with progressive, faith-based, labor, civil rights, and grassroots groups, networks, and leaders to policies and legislation that will stabilize the lives of 11 million Americans-in-waiting and put them on the road to full citizenship.
The immigration reforms we support includes the following elements:
- A direct, fair, and inclusive road to citizenship for immigrants in the U.S. without papers.
- Channels for future legal immigration that are flexible and functional.
- Robust protections and guaranteed rights for all workers.
- Enforcement that is targeted and fair, and respects immigrants’ rights.
- Full and equal rights for all immigrants.
If we do this right – with a line to get into and a roadmap to citizenship for immigrants in America today; sensible legal channels for immigrants who are needed tomorrow; and accountability for employers who violate the law and exploit workers – we will finally have an immigration system that reflects our values as a nation.