- Central Region
Bugema univercity main auditorium
JR BUSUULWA DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES (JR-BDI) is a Non-Profit making Organization that seeks to co-operate and collaborate with individuals, groups and organizations in the fulfillment of its objectives. The registered office of the organization is in Bugema 32 kilometers on Gayaza- Zirobwe Road in Kalagala Sub county in Luweero District.
To be the leading center for technological diffusion and sustainable development in Uganda and beyond
- To provide an avenue for rethinking the approach and practice of development by emphasizing the advancement and adoption of appropriate technologies with the aim of building a foundation for innovation, entrepreneurship, self-reliance and environmental conservation in Uganda and beyond
- The principles and core values for JR-BDI are conceptualized and premised on development ethics highlighting the centrality of sustainable human development. The following are the core values that guide the day to day operations of the organization:
• Respect for Humanity
• Innovation and Resourcefulness
• Entrepreneurship and Self-reliance
• Environmental Conservation and Sanitation
• Transparency and Accountability
The foundation of the organization is based on a unique and distinctive approach to development emphasizing entrepreneurship, innovation and self-reliance as a measure for individual, societal and national development with strict regard to the environment where we live. The activities, projects and programs of JR-BDI are based on principles of sustainable human development. The research priorities include; education for sustainable development, advancing appropriate/indigenous and green technologies, rural tourism, disseminating information on environment, vocational and entrepreneurial training, health and sanitation, community disaster management and risk reduction, sustainable agriculture and land management.
1. To conduct research with a purpose of creating an avenue for the industrialization of rural areas by advancing and promoting indigenous technical knowledge through community learning centers capable of providing the means by which rural people in Uganda can increase their standard of living.
2. To assist rural communities solve energy needs by ensuring maximum use of available renewable resources to generate energy for home consumption and income generating activities.
3. To work towards food security and increased income for rural and urban poor by practicing sustainable agriculture and land management.
4. To free the rural youth in Uganda from joblessness, exploitation and redundancy by equipping them with vocational and entrepreneurial skills to build their capacity for self-reliance.
5. To conduct educational research and assist youth from poor backgrounds to access high quality education and training by linking them to institutions and funding organizations in Uganda and beyond.
The Board and Administration
The organization is governed by a Board of Trustees who comprise of the Chairman- Mr. Joshua Robert Busuulwa, Board Secretary- Mr. Gershom Golola, Chief Advisor- Mr. Moses Nsereko, Liaison Officer- Mr. Herbert Kirumira Ssebunya, Financial & Human Resource Advisor- Ms. Elaine Namuddu Busuulwa, Sport and Welfare Advisor- Mr. Kiwa Faustino. The trustees of the organization are responsible for providing direction and funding for the activities.
The day to day running of the organization is done by a small group comprising of the Executive Director/Programs Officer, Accountant and Administrative Secretary. It is a simple and small hierarchy because at JR-BDI we believe ‘small is beautiful’